Friday, September 15, 2006

unnofficially flat out

It was the last run before Sunday this morning and I decided to go reasonably flat out, as fast as I could, to the limit of my capacity...over my usual 5km route. I don't remember the last time I did this so though I think I might have run 29mins. I have never run a 5k race so my PB is taken from the first 5k of my 2nd 10k race and was 28:27. Today I "sprinted" around for a route PB and an un-official 5km PB of 27:00 mins...wooohoooo! getting closer to that goal. So average pace was 5:24, and my splits were from memory (will confirm later) 5:58, 5:40. 5:30, 5:06, 4:35. As you can see from this and my 10k PB splits I like to go out at a reasonable pace and then build up the speed finishing in a flurry of legs, arms and heavy breathing with that "I feel like vomiting" feeling in my throat.
More later...maybe some pretty graphs and Garmy splits etc.

Edit: Just as I predicted:

Splits actually were 5:55, 5:41, 5:26, 5:09, and 4:37...giving 26:49 for the 5km on garmy.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

testing testing

Rachel said...

Yay it worked!

Good luck with the C2B goal!

Lulu said...

Good to see comments are working again.

That's a good pace over 5km so you look like you're in good shape for the weekend. Good luck.

2P said...

Sounds like a fair dinkum PB to me - great work sim.

Anonymous said...

good luck for Today's run! Looking forward to your report :)
btw I have linked to your page from my blog, hope you don't mind :)

cheers

LBTEPA