Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Corporate Cup - Run 2

Distance 4.32km

Run 1 - 24mins36sec, pace 5.41 min/km

Run 2 - 24mins30sec, pace 5.40 min/km

Well the talking down and excuses started yesterday, oh I am so sick, I am so injured, I don’t think I will be able to run, and as such quite a few people no-showed for the second run, my team reduced to three runners, But we all improved on our times.

Decided to do something different today, I went out at a faster pace than last time and tried to hold it, and increase it if I could on the second lap. Well I only managed a slight negative split (I think) and came home in about the same time as last time (but with Bill in tow this time). I think the difference on the second lap was that I had no one to chase, plus the feeling half way around the second lap that my legs couldn’t sustain the pace. I say I am only guessing here because Garmy, bless him, is giving me the Sugar Honey Ice & Tea! I plugged him in last night to charge and nothing…no charging in progress message…nothing…bought the powerpack to work for an electrician to test and it works fine…damn WHY DO YOU MOCK ME GARMY!!!!! Now I am at a loss as to what to do, but I think I might buy another power pack and see, or maybe a proper Garmin one for $60.

1 comment:

RunDave said...

Well done on your improvement. You don't want to bring your time down too quickly like I did. Could be a world of pain for the next few runs!

Lol at the Sugar Honey Ice & Tea!

I'll look out for you Sunday.