Sunday, August 20, 2006

Pain in the Back

Woke up this morning with a sore back, but still dragged myself out of bed at 8am for a run. Slipped on the new shoes, CR cap and Garmy and was out the door on a glorious day, the plan was to do 10k but in all it was a shade under 11km. I started up very slow and gradually built up the pace despite feeling the niggles. After the run I stretched and put on the compression tights,

Edit: went to some open inspections of houses and ended the afternoon digging trenches for the footings of Miss Simlin's Sister's house. Needless to say my blistered hands are feeling a lot worse than my legs at this point, damn desk job.

Now as promised my new shoes.


Brooks Beast
Size 13
Use 14km
Age 1 day




Nike Running Shoes
Size 13
Use 690km
Age: 1 year
Bought these shoes before the city to bay last year to replace some crappy xtrainers. They got me through my first Half Marathon and I am quite happy with the milage I got out of them. Scape Goat for niggle in left knee.



New Balance 719s
Size 13
Use 200km
Age 3.5 months
Bought after the HM and found them uncomfotable at times, especially down hill when my toes were painfully sqashed causing a black toe. Scape Goat for ITBS in right leg.

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Before I really got into running, I was wearing New Balance for cross training and liked them a lot. When I started running, I found the NB was not for me! Nice new shoes, though! It's fun to keep track of the mileage (km) put on our shoes!

Nice job on your run!

Spark Driver said...

Even though my wife doesn't run in them she is a great fan of Brooks.

I have started to develop black toe nail syndrome but thought it was caused by the extra long runs.

RunDave said...

Lol about the manual labour.

Brooks beast. The word "robust" comes to mind.