Thursday, August 10, 2006

Recovery

Went out tonight for a recovery 7k, recovery mainly because I have a niggle below my left knee following yesterday and I don't wnat to aggravate it. The run started out pretty eventful, I darted out into peak hour traffic on Main North Road to help some guy push his car off the road into a side street, then I started running again but forgot to push start on ol' Garmy, not to worry, when I checked to see my split at the 2k mark I noticed that Garmy still said 300m! luckily it is a basically a straight line from where I pushed stop to the 2k mark so sportstracks was able to calculate the rest. The niggle is still there, it is tender to touch with a little pressure but I do not notice it walking around etc. I iced it and will keep it under close observation, but for now it is not hampering running, the ITB too seems to be on the improve with stretching and icing seeming to do the trick!

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Be careful! Don't over do it and make it worse! Nice job on the 7K though!

Spark Driver said...

Good on you for giving the bloke a hand with his car. Even though it has been many years since I broke down in traffic I always appreciated a push from strangers.

BethJ said...

Bugger about the ITB Simlin! You seem to be still going strong though! Doing great!