Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Touche

Touche! Sparkdriver Touche! your wit astounds me. Now that I have said it (touche) 3 times (In my head, damn now 4 times) it kind of sounds like a ballet costume.
Was so keen to be motivated for a 9k run this morning that I woke up at 4:30am...which meant rolling around restlessly for another 55mins before I got out of bed and out the door. This mornings route was the reverse of the last 9k run and held a few bad memories from a previous failed run, but this morning the going was easy even up the hill. The right ITB was a little tight by the end but I was more worried about the left knee, which is still got the niggles one week on, I think this weekend it the time for new shoes.
With the 9k out of the way this morning, my focus is now on a 10k run on the weekend following a 7k easy run tomorrow or friday. This increasing milage slowly is so frustrating, but nescessary, I don't think my legs could have handled it any other way.

3 comments:

Ellie80 said...

new shoes can solve all sorts of things! sounds like your misc niggles are starting to behave gradually - take it easy and you'll be back in no time!

Spark Driver said...

Yeah I know it was a lame comment but I couldn't resist it.

I'm sure the slow milage gains are frustrating but you will appreciate being injury free in the long run.

RunDave said...

Actually, I think the city course is 4.47, not 4.5 as I said in the comment on my blog. Are your CC races a week later than the city run?