Friday, August 18, 2006

Frustration

I am getting frustrated at the persistence of these niggles, I can only hope that some properly chosen/fitted new shoes will do the trick and I will make a concerted effort to get out and buy some this weekend (current pair at 800k). I also promise to take a camera to my next 10k (in a week and a bit) and take some photos thus updating my profile piccy, that one is getting old too!
Today I got up at 5:30am again and went out for 7km nice and easy except that the niggles still bothered me and making me doubt that at the moment I can go longer that 60mins without succumbing to them.
Seeing as yesterday I committed myself to work longer hours at work to try and bring forward the finishing date of one of my projects (from end of march to at least January) I am a bit worried that my running time will dwindle, luckily summer is approaching fast and these early morning runs will become easier. I can see myself getting up at 5am eventually to fit them in!
Time will tell and the extra doe-ray-me will be fantastic.

3 comments:

Lulu said...

having lots of niggles is frustrating. I've had half the year off trying to deal with things. Keep on top of the itb one as they can go on for a while. Have you tried rolling on a rolling pin or foam roller? Hurts but is effective. Also I've found that if I stretch my glutes that also eases the itb. Good luck with it.

Spark Driver said...

At 800km's your shoes really need replacing. Hopefully that will fix those pesky niggles.

Spark Driver said...

Yes I understand the need for the word verification but I have to admit that it does get painful at times.