Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Corporate Cup - Run 5

Yep did a PW.
Louise was right, it was over 23min...but there were extenuating circumstances...
What a surprise, some contractors turn up late and it doesn't look like I will be able to make it to CC again, I sneak in my post race pasta at 12:45. At 1 o'clock the contractors decide they are having lunch so I nip out down to the CC course and register 2 minutes before cut-off. The first lap was sensational, I was flying, feeling good. It was warm, overcast and very windy. My first lap was 11:20, on target for that 22:40 2P! and then it hit...the pre-race post-race pasta reared its ugly head as I had feared when I started and reduced me to a gut cramping crawl. There was no need to guts it out so I walked a bit around the back end of the course when it was clear my race was over, coming home with a wet sail in 25:34, a PW by far.
Time for some renewed vigour, get the training pumping and have a fair crack at 22mins next time I think.

...I am still feeling quite ill.

3 comments:

2P said...

Bugger I done me dough... or was that pasta?

The perils of eating and running.... you'll smash 22 next time ;-)

Unknown said...

But think of the street cred! I bet everyone slapped you on the back...runners seem to love a good chunder. Especially if it's someone else doing the heaving.

Louise said...

Bummer. You'll just have to tell your contractors to take an early lunch because you have a prior engagement. Better luck next time. :-)