Saturday, October 21, 2006

Non-Race CR sighting

Again No Blogging = No Running.
I have spent more time a work than at home since my last blog entry, so there has been no time for running or blogging. This morning as promised I met up with Lulu
for an hour easy tour of Adelaide's running hot spots. First I had to get there so I set of from home at a recovery pace (6:45ish). After 2k and with 2k to go, I thought I was going to be late so I booged it over the next 2 k at 5:20ish pace. Luckily I made it on time and Lulu was waiting patiently out the front of her Hotel in a CR singlet for me. We set off at 6:30 pace and first took in a bit of the Horse paddock, then crossed over melbourne street passed the Park 8 and 10 (no Buster sighting like Rundave) to the Torrens at Hackney road. We then ran down the North bank to the weir, crossed over and ran back to the footbridge on the south bank. From there we went straight up from road and through North Adelaide to her Hotel. It was probably the most pleasant run I have ever had...thanks Lulu. The weather was great, the company was great and judging by Garmy the Pace was the most consistant 6:30ish pace I have ever seen.
After saying goodbye, I set off for the 4k home and boy was that a tough little stretch, but here I am blogging about it so I guess I made it...all up today 18k in 1hr54min...now for te Race 4 Life tomorrow, I think I might enter in the 9k and just cruise around...depends how I pull up.

Edit: so after all it was a Non-race CR sighting, though I cheated and had it pre-arranged.

4 comments:

Spark Driver said...

18km is awesome well done. Sounds like a very enjoyable outing.

RunDave said...

As I was reading where you ran, I was thinking, "shit, that is starting to sound like a pretty long run!" And it was! Well done. Sometimes good company makes a long run feel a lot shorter.

I'll see you at the race for life tomorrow. I'm not racing, I'll be helping out somehow (marshall, late entries, finish-line, packing up etc.). See you out there.

Lulu said...

It was a great run and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the company and the tour guiding! Hope you have some energy left for you race tomorrow. Thanks again and see you in Sydney and I can return the favour.

2P said...

You shameless name dropper ;-)