Friday, October 13, 2006

Shame Shame Shame.

I wasn't the not so little Aussie Battler this morning. I slept in. Last night went on a little longer than intended, out to dinner with work colleagues, so after a few bevies and then dinner it was late when I got to bed and the determination I had on Wednesday obviously evaporated quickly when I realised how tired my legs still felt. Perhaps I have not fully recovered from the weekends long run. Regardless my legs are still aching now and maybe a program of gentle cross training and stretching tonight will see me right for two medium length runs on the weekend.

Rundave asked
How much of a hassle was shifting to beta blogger? Did you lose/change anything?
Blogger Beta is now running quite smoothly with commenting finally sorted out. The extra funtionallity is cool too (including post labels) and customising is even easier with a GUI type arrangement. When changing you can revert to your old template or simply change to a beta template (to make use of new cusomising ability, widgets etc) which also allows you to view your old template code so you can copy and paste code into the new template.
Another feature which I have found useful is in the edit posts page you can now view posts (in a sort of preview pane below post title) which makes it easy to find the post you want to edit etc without opening up the blog to try and find it.
There may be some other fantastical things that are too advanced for me to know about, eg flicker accounts (whatever they are) and so on.
All up they seem to have ironed out all the problems and the new Blogger is great!

Edit: oh yeah, if you are logged in it is also easy to edit your blog without having to go through dashboard as you can edit a post/element on the page just by clicking the "edit post" or "edit element" button which appears on the blog (when you are logged in)

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

I would vouch for doing some cross training to give your legs a little bit of a break from all the impact!

RunDave said...

Thanks for that. I'll look into it when I have some time.