Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Corporate Cup - Run 6

Run 1 - 24mins36sec - 5:41 pace
Run 2 - 24mins30sec - 5:40 pace
Run 3 - 23mins01sec - 5:19 pace
Run 4 - DNS
Run 5 - 25min34sec - 5:52 pace
Run 6 - 22min30sec - 5:10 pace

No lunch straight before the run this week and cooler temperatures (22°C). The wind was half as strong as last time and a lot cooler. Got out of the metaphorical blocks fairly well with a 5:03 split mostly into the wind and then a 4:59 mostly with the wind. Came through for the lap at about 11:10 (10sec faster than last time). Second lap I slowed a bit to 5:10 pace and came home with a positive split (11:20). Coming up to the line I had slowed down for fear of the gurg, but renewed my efforts to make it across the line bang on 22:30. Right, my mission for the next fortnight before the final CC run is not to fade over the last lap and come home in a 20 second negative split to break 22mins! I don't think I have it in me, but I will certainly give it a crack even if it means the gurg...what I really need is someone to chase, it is not easy pacing yourself.

...says someone who says they were aiming for 22:30 and finished it in 22:30. HA!

6 comments:

RunDave said...

If you believe you'll succeed, then you will. If you believe you'll fail, then you will.

Wardman said...

Well done on your improvement Simon. Don't know much about CC but wouldn't mind looking into it next year when regularly based in Adelaide again. Sounds like a good opportunity to work on speed.
Keep it up and good luck for cracking 22 mins, if u really want it u can do it!

Ellie80 said...

yahoo! great run buddy - it is awesome seeing the progression like that! congrats!

2P said...

What no vomit? Very disappointing after your last "colourful" display ;-)

Hehe - Well done Simon that is a great improvement - you are bound to go under 22 soon or the later.

LBTEPA said...

well done mate! I hope this helps with your training mojo. As far as motivation to get up goes, I tell myself I'll feeel bad for longer if I don't get up than if I do.
What's this 'I don't think I have it in me" nonsense. Dream big! go for it! Look what you've done already.

blues buffett said...

Good improvement, great pacing. The only way I'll do my predicted time is when I plan a cruisy one...