Sunday, October 29, 2006

Will I, Won't I LSD

Set off this morning at 7am, or was it 8am...damn daylight saving. Didn't really feel like a long run when I was lying in bed so set of thinking about just doing a velodrome loop, alas after 1k I had plans of extending it just a bit down dry creek. When I got to Dry Creek I decided that I would finally go for an explore into the Stockade Botanical gardens. WHAT AN OASIS! I never new it existed right under my nose, there is a waterfall, nice grace, toilets, bubblers (which I would take advantage of later) I ran up and around the waterfall and out onto Dry Creek. I just went down to Walkley's Road and back today wanting to do about 18k. On the way back I stopped off at the bubler in the botanical gardens for a few gulps of water and then set off for the hill behind the belodrome. With the Black Hill Challange coming up I was looking for as many hills as possible, alas I think My brain was playing tricks on me because all the short hills I normally run up today just looked and felt like little lumps on the landscape (even after 18km). I fear I am going to crash and burn going up Black Hill next week, oh well you only live once. 18.3k in 2hrs today.
Now I am off to look at houses and maybe buy a beanbag to fall asleep in tonight.

5 comments:

LBTEPA said...

Oh that park sounds absolutley lovely - what a find. I love those days when you just fly up hills and distance is irrelevant - it's just about running :)
BTW what's this? I get busy for a few days and you start posting photos? For a moment I thought you'd put up a picture of my ex-husband, eeeeyeeewwww.

2P said...

It's good when the hills don't get in the way - nice work Simlin.

R2B said...

Hills are good for the soul!
Hope your house hunting was fun.

R2B

Wardman said...

I saw the title of this post and thought...gee, I don't think psychadelic drugs will help your running Simon:) but then realised what u were on about.
Clearly, my mind is not wholly on running, that's probably both a good & bad thing!
Well done on the run though, sounds like a gr8 park.

running uphill said...

I can't wait for that day (when the hills become mounds) but I was able to disassociate on my biggest hill recently and that is a break through. Usually all I can think about is wanting to stop and walk.