Monday, October 09, 2006

"Do you want to come to the pants party?"

Starting with Friday night, I was desperate for a drink, so much so that I walked the 5k to the Lion Hotel to meet friends in 43mins dressed in jeans, a shirt and some pub/club friendly shoes. I was quite impressed with that effort and had a few celebratory drinks, won a few games of Darts...here I come London 2012!
No running Saturday.
On Sunday morning, out of sympathy for those competing at the Melbourne Marathon or HM, or just shear stupidity, I set off on a long run with the intention of running 20+kms. I took with me my hydration pack this time so there would be no excuses for turning back early. The weather was much milder than Saturday thankfully with low temperatures but blustery wind at times. This week I made it to the end of the Dry Creek section at Grand Junction Road (10.5k), Here I stopped for a minute or so, had a drink and did some stretching, before heading back toward Bridge Rd. Trip back was uneventful, but there was another bastard head wind going up behind the velodrome. Grrr. Made it home, via the undulating route (no wrong turn this time) for 21.5km in 2hr23 mins, which would make it my second longest run ever! (With the longest being 25k). I son't think I will try lengthening my long run at the moment, I am quite happy running around 20k and with no longer distances planned in the near future I think I will stick with it. As for the rest of the day...shopping. Just what I need, walking around Rundle Mall all afternoon.

Now as for the title of my last post, it is from a David Lynch movie "Mullholland Drive" and I would highly recommend it. And todays post title, something a little more comic.

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like you had a decent weekend! Cheers to a great week!

Spark Driver said...

Ah 20kms. A nice, sensible distance.

I should have taken better head of your previous warnings of bleeding nipples. Very sore and frustrating.

2P said...

Nice work - 20k's is a nice sustainable long run - only need to go longer if you are contemplating a marathon....

Now combine that with your Friday nights training and you might be in good shape for the CR 20/10 ;-)