Monday, August 07, 2006

Road to recovery

hopefully a little more substance today in my post.
My road to recovery seems to be going smoothly, today was my second 7k run this week after 4x5k runs last week. After a few stretches of the ITB I was out the door taking it easy clockwise around my 7k route. ITB felt mostly good all the way around and hopefully is on the mend. Now I just have to stick to my recovery plan, including another 2x7k runs this week followed by 4x9k runs next week. After next week I will assess my recovery and prepare for the 10k at the Adelaide Running Festival at the end of the month. (I have a secret desire still to do the HM...shhh don't tell anybody...but hopefully cool heads prevail)

Oh, yeah...Garmy pulled his finger out too and made it the whole way around...good on you Garmy, I knew you could do it.

(wasn't really much substance, sorry)

4 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Goodluck on your change in races... I am sure you will do just fine!

Ellie80 said...

don't push it - but secretly i hope that you come good for the half too :)

Rachel said...

Go the Eagles!

Don't get overzealous! You don't want to injure yourself again. Remember the 10% rule (in case you'd forgotton!)

Spark Driver said...

Plenty of substances there mate. Well done.