Thursday, August 31, 2006

Another Run Home From Work

Now that I am getting up to appropriate distances again, I ran home from work yesterday. 12.5km. It was quite warmer than 5:30am with a top of 24°C today and even though I thought I drank a lot at work today I felt like I became dehydrated very quickly and wouldn’t you know it forgot my water bottle. Luckily the last 4km home are all downhill so I could basically roll home from there. So it was tougher than I remember but then again I did run it more than 5 mins faster than last time, it was hotter and I was coming off a half marathon last time.
All good excuses, but all still bodes well for a sub 72min C2B with that course having a gentle downhill gradient as apposed to rolling hills.
Wow, reading back through some posts you can really tell when my brain is scatty and when it is focused…today it is scatty.

Oh yeah it is the end of the month! It has been a steady comeback from injury this month with surprising totals as it included no long runs and a longest run of well 12.5km last night!
August 135.9km in 14.2hrs.
Average weight for August 116.5. (still on the slide but has been on the improve the last week or two, helping the average)

YTD 854km in 94hrs (ooo getting closer to the millennium! Maybe I will break through it next month! I’M EXCITED!)

2 comments:

Lulu said...

I'm sure you'll break through next month if you keep up the current training rate. That will be exciting!

Spark Driver said...

Look forward to you breaking through the 1000.