Friday, August 25, 2006

Early morning speed test

After a late night babysitting one of Miss Simlin's neices I was up at 5:15am (OK I confess that I didn't actually get up till 5:25am) for a 9k hit-out before Sundays 10km race. Eased into the run and the legs felt free not wearing the tights compared to Wednesday. I still felt really good coming home in the last 2kms so did a bit of a speed test cranking up to a sub 5min/km to finish. Average pace for the run was a litle over 6:20min/km.
Expectations for Sunday: not sure a PB is on the cards as I have only had one run of 10k or more since the disasterous River Run. I will probably go out at 6min/k and see what happens (obviously this could all go out the window on race day). Undecided on wearing or not wearing the tights, I have worn them for two short runs and found that they give me the feeling that I am working too hard. It would be nice to fly home on the last two kms like this morning but that means I haven't given it my all in the preceeding 8kms.

No comments: