Tuesday, September 26, 2006

K.O.

Well, that never ending mental battle was quick this morning, but not in favour of running, in favour of staying in bed. There were contributing factors of course, I had stayed up watching the Brownlow Medal Count and yesterday my knees were feeling a little tender from the 20k run on Sunday. My left hemisphere (which I like to call my lazy side) put this argument to my right hemisphere (which I like to call my running side) at 5:30am and the right hemisphere folded in about 2 seconds and I was dozing again. Won't be cracking the MEGA-ton this morning.
Wouldn't you know it though, after a nice warm shower, some peanut butter on toast and a glass of juice I was walking out the door and my legs felt great! Oh dear, what have I done the right side thought...guilt starting to build, while the left side caused half my face to contort into a smirk.
Now that the right side is in control again an afternoon run is all I can think about...now to come up with a plan to get out of the house.

;O)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I would have thought the idea of cracking the ton would be enough to get you out of bed!