Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday Morning Ho Hum

Lay in bed for 4mins this morning contemplating how tired my legs were, but then remembered what I ate yesterday and snapped out of it. As it turns out I am still a bit of a speedy and instead of taking it easy on some tired legs, those same legs carried me around a reverse 9k loop in a course record 6min/k pace. Today I cruised Main North Road, Attacked the hill up Grand Junction, coasted down Hampstead road and then cruised home along Regency Road (attacking the last little bit down main north).


For those confused by my terms of effort:


Coasted = just ran comfortably - no exertion.


Cruised = tried to maintain a reasonable pace - minimal exertion.


Attacked = tried to maintain a fast pace - exerted myself.


Flat Out = Tried to maintain maximum pace - Full exertion (normal followed an overwhelming desire to regurgitate).



Now I feel the need to explain my love of the West Coast Eagles. From (edit 1985 to the end of 1989 thanks sis) I lived in a small country town in Western Australia called Carnamah. It is here... I was at a young and impressionable age and moving from NSW when the Eagles formed in late 1986 (playing there first game in the 1987 season) I became a supported and participated in eagles clinics etc when they came around.

Now if it league allegiances that you want to know, my state of Origin is NSW (Bourke to be exact) and I am a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles supporter, though enthusiasm for the game waned during the whole super league debacle.

Enough about non-running topics now...time to start planning a LSD for the weekend. :)

Edit: for those who still can't comment with normal blogger accounts - do you preview your comment before posting it? This is supposed to work damn it!

9 comments:

Ellie80 said...

go the eagles!!!!!!!

(and nice running too :)

RunDave said...

I'm a sea-eagles fan too. Although I'm SA born and bred, my great grandmother lived in manly and gave me a jersey when I was little and I've supported them ever since. Like you, my enthusiasm decreased for league in general during the superleague money grab. I only really recently worked out how hated Manly are by almost everyone else. Bring it on!

Rachel said...

Dito, thanks for explaining all that Simon. Now can you just paste that into my blog?

Rachel said...

Actually we lived in WA from 1985 until the end of 1990. From year 1 till the end of year 5 for me. 5 years in total.

Sekhmet said...

I've been previewing and it seems to work fine

Ewen said...

Good comeback by the Eagles today. I thought Geoff's Crows were going to fly away after the first quarter.

Go South Melbourne!

LBTEPA said...

well played by your boys last night - nothing like crushing the crows at home mwahahaha

Spark Driver said...

Ok here is my 3rd attempt at posting to your new blog

Spark Driver said...

Woohoo it worked...I am back. Keep up the great work!