Friday, September 08, 2006

...Fridays...

Yesterday I was feeling a bit flat and mentally drained when I got home from work, so after laying on the couch for ½ hour we trundled up to Pizza Hut and got Pizza, they stuffed up our order too, so when I returned after the 15mins wait the duty manager said there would be she went and checked on our order.  From the conversation I overheard they got the toppings wrong and so 25mins after ordering we ended up with a free garlic bread and thanks to a snide comment or two about how long 15mins was a free 1.25L drink too.  Dinner did perk me up a bit, refuelling some enthusiasm so I jumped on the stationary bike for a ten minute warm up then did some stretches and strengthening exercises etc following that up with some more exercise biking.  I looked into getting the Pilates for Runners et al that Ellie raves about as a form of structured cross training thingy.

 

This mornings run was 10k.  I set my alarm 5mins earlier to fit in the extra k then normal and only had half the internal fight as last time, also forgot my CR cap...no wonder I felt naked.  Finished the 10k at a little under 6:30 pace in 1hr4mins.  An easy run and when I stopped for a cool down walk to the end of the block it felt as though I had barely run a km.  I am unsure as to whether I like this feeling or not.  Does it mean I am getting fitter? Or does it mean I took the run too easy and it had no benefit, I should have done more or gone faster?  I suppose in the end I think it is how you are supposed to feel after an easy run.

 


1 comment:

Sekhmet said...

I don't think you are supposed to feel as though you have flogged yourself half to death after a training run ;-)

Pizza Hut - you naughty boy!