Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Swimming with the fishes si.

Edited for Ewen's tired eyes :)

Felt like I had concrete shoes on this morning...

Last night I was late home from work due to a long conference call and therefore didn’t have time for a run before dinner. Instead I jumped on the bike for 15mins after dinner to warm up before doing some stretching and strengthening exercises and then half an hour of DDR. (PS if you don’t know what that is I am not telling you because you will only laugh.
Had planned the velodrome 11.5km run for this morning but a longer than usual internal battle (why does 1 late night affect my whole week) took place and I only had time for the 9k loop. Any hoo that loop was of course enough to tick over to the mega ton…1000Km this year (which was an un-stated goal for 2006). Running down the last hill my legs still felt like they were full of concrete and my mouth was stretched into a wide smile as Garmy ticked over 8.5km. No jumping up and down, or fist pumping (OK there might have been a satisfactory clenching or two). This week is definitely my taking it easy week for the month and my knees are still feeling a little tender following Sundays marathon (well almost half marathon anyway.)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats on the ton, well deserved.

teacherwoman said...

What is DDR???? I am truly curious!

Ewen said...

Where's my magnifying glass? That small font is hurting my eyes ;)

Well done on the 1000k's. Good 20k long run! Shame about the Crows.

LBTEPA said...

Oh well done on the megaton!!!!! (shh, that's my 2006 goal too; I have less than 250km to go now :)
Hope the Eagles play well for you on Saturday