Sunday, March 19, 2006

Yes!

What A relief. I struggled out of bed this morning thinking, "It is going to be a hard slog today!" but to my releif it was pretty cruisy around all 17.6km at a similar pace to last weeks long run 7.2min/km. Felt like I could have pushed on to the 21.1km mark so I am confident of making that distance in May. I also have to put a major vote in for going back to bed after a long run, I did and slept for two hours, waking up refreshed except for the chafing (what idiot didn't put vasaline on before the run!). I might take a week off from a long run next sunday and do a short 10k trail run, it could be fun but I'll have to see what the weather is going to be like first.
I can't believe I made it through this weeks planned schedule feeling so good, I think though that this week I will not try and increase any runs and just have an easy week.

3 comments:

Spark Driver said...

Good to hear your long run went so well.

Gronk said...

Well done on the longrun mate. Chaffing ? One word - Bodyglide.

R2B said...

Keep at it mate its so worthwhile in the end!

Wasn't Kerryn Great in the Marathon?