Thursday, March 23, 2006

Side Goal Success!

Well semi-success on my side goal today, just an added bonus to running, weight loss. I weighed in this morning after my run at below 120kg for the first time in probably 6 years. YAY!! And yes I do weigh myself after a run because it gives better results and is more motivating as I am normal dehydrated to an extent. Now this morning I was definitely dehydrated, today was an easy 9km run, well it was easy up until the 6km mark when I started to feel a bit of cramp in my lower left abdomen. When this has occurred before I have put it down to being very dehydrated, and today is no different. Unlike a couple of weeks ago, at almost exactly the same point in the same run, I struggled on over the hills all the way home. I think the difference today was that is was pre-dawn and I didn't have the hot sun beating down on me as well. Anyway that will teach me to ignore my water drinking especially after cross-training last night on the exercise bike...what an idiot.
But after all of that the weigh in did make me feel better (BTW I also weighed myself when I got up and that was 121kg so in reallity I am almost there).
Back to the main goal coming up, the half marathon. Still feeling confident about a finish, and I am planning to add a bit of variety into the training, eg tempo, interval and speed training, to see if I can increase my pace and do a 2hr15min first HM because at the moment I am probably looking at around 2hr30min.
I was also thinking of doing a 5km time trial to gauge my progress and hopeful nudge my PB closer to my goal time, but I might put this off till next week to try and keep this week a little bit more relaxed after two tough runs.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

whoooooo hoooooooooooooo!

Spark Driver said...

Exciting losing the weight hey? I have just dropped under 100 kilos for the first time in years and I can imagine your excitement. Keep it up!

R2B said...

Thats fantastic that your shedding the Kg's mate!
Just remember that there is a world of difference between a 2h15 HM and a 2h30 Hm so keep your expectations low and finish knowing next time you will do it faster!

Cheers R2B