Friday, March 03, 2006

Recovery, Recovery, Recovery

I did manage that 4k this morning. Getting out of bed was tough this morning, the legs were not keen but the brain said..slow 4k is just the ticket so I set off and averaged a little over 7min/km. Now that is 1min/km slower than a normal 4k but I didn't over do it and hopefully my legs will thank me for it Sunday on a long run.

Still haven't decided on which half marathon I will be aiming for but a thread on coolrunnings alerted me to the fact that there may be cut-offs half way for slow runners. This may need further investigation but it is only Adelaide and the two halfs I am looking at are along the torrens mainly so not many road closures so I think I should be pretty safe.

2 comments:

Spark Driver said...

I just noticed your previous post called 'Steel Springs' and it brought a smile to my face.
When I'm running I think of it often..."How fast can you run? As fast as a leopard". Good stuff.

RunDave said...

They're pretty generous with the cutoff times at the Greenbelt half with people coming in well over 2 hours and if you're really worried (but I don't think you should be) you can start an hour earlier with the walkers. Same with the Barossa Half and probably the Adelaide Half.