Tuesday, March 28, 2006

First Hill Repeats

Tried my first Hill repeats session this morning. 2k warm up over some hills and then 8x30sec repeats up a relatively gentle hill. Seemed a little easy as I completed the 8 repeats quite well. Maybe next time I will try longer maybe 60sec or a steeper hill? I am not sure which would be better. I think the fact that my weekly runs are around quite undulating courses gave me an edge in this hill repeat business as I didn't find it as hard as I was expecting. (will have to see how I pull up tomorrow!)
On a side note my first issue of Runners World arrived yesterday (finally) and after flicking through it and reading one or two things I found it very interesting and a good read. It even had an article on hill repeats! It is a bit late for their 12 week 1/2 marathon training program though as I am all ready 6 weeks out! I think too that my own program is somewhere between the beginner and intermediate program, but I will look closely into both programs and try and incorporate some of the ideas/training regimes into my own program.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad to hear Runners World arrived and that you found it useful :)

Unknown said...

Hi Simlin. A sporadic reader of blogs other than CR bloggers that I've met, however I think I'll be keeping an eye on yours as you are closer to my current ability than most! Look forward to seeing your continued improvements!

The Owl