Thursday, March 30, 2006

Motivation Low Point

Well, I wouldn't say that I am prone to bouts of depression, but I feel I am slipping that way right now. After that rear ending of my car last month, someone broke into our house and stole all of our electrical and jewelry on Tuesday, no big deal we still had our new bed suite coming on Wednesday to look forward too so I took the day off work. The CSI team after coming 2hrs late finally left at lunch time and I thought, no point going to work, the stuff will be delivered this afternoon. I called to confirm delivery...All OK. Got a call at 3:30pm from the delivery guys...they were in Penfield, ~30k, away form Enfield where it was supposed to go and there was no way it was coming till Friday!
OK now I was getting a little depressed and getting out of bed this morning was tough (half an hour later than planned) I got up and reschedule the run to 5km (time trial). Went out side to warm up and the Garmin would got stuck on 3/4 locating and wouldn't turn off etc. Ended up running an untimed time-trial (felt like I did a PB but no one will ever know) later looked up a thread I saw on coolrunning and discovered that this fault was probably fatal. Damn!!!!!!! Just bought it...from a dealer on Ebay...and I remember reading somewhere that this voids the warranty...will need further investigation but I really am not feeling like doing anything right now other than curling up asleep in bed. I wish they had stolen the Garmin!

Anyway, 5km today in what I suspect was 28min but will say sub 30min.

9 comments:

Gronk said...

Put it down to a bad day mate. We all get them.

Set yourself some goals, both long term and short.

Running is fun ! Sometimes we need to be reminded of that.

At times when I lose my mojo, I leave the watch at home. No pressure, no expectations of times of pace etc.

I've got you im my Bloglines sights now and will do my best to give you a nudge every now and then.

Take care and keep running !

Ellie80 said...

oh no - that really sucks!! i can really empathise with that feeling that you could slip into that rut and everything just isn't going your way.

on the plus side you are still running. and that could be the endorphin boost you need. and you seem to be going pretty amazingly towards your goals!

good luck with the garmin!!

Simlin said...

Cheers Gronk.

I put it down to more than a day. I easily shake of most things but the weight of them building up (some not mentioned in post) is starting to get to me now. We had our gas shut off (plugged, no hot water cooking etc) for 5 days because of a typo on their system, we had our phone cut-off because all our bills were being sent to our old address regardless of giving them updated one. I think I am just having a bad year.

Mandy said...

Aww crappy...I've had that too, when all you need is for the condo to burn down and that's it.

I run to add miles, not to get faster.

RunDave said...

But they did steal the Garmin ;) if you know what I mean.

Have a few days rest. I always find that if I push things when I'm at these low points, I tend to get sick very soon afterwards.

Where in Adelaide do you work? If you want to meet up for a run at lunchtime or in the morning, I might be able to do one next week. I'm trying to come back from injury at the moment so I'm taking things easy. Alternatively, you could join up with one of the many running groups at SA road runners.

Spark Driver said...

Its a pity to hear that a few shitty things have gotten you down at the moment. Your training has been going so well up to date. Go out to do it just to have fun.

Rachel said...

Hey bro,

Time for a holiday I think! Spare bed at my place anytime :) Easter in Mildura is awesome. Beautiful weather plus there's the ski race, rowing regatta, motorcross, basketball. Heaps of people in town. It'll be great :)

Simlin said...

No, but Rachel just informed me of same problem, it appears that on Wednesday when cancelling my old dial up email accounts bigpond may have also cancelled my broadband email account. Yay, but at least my footy team won last night and after running it flat then charging it up agin my Garmin appeared to work last night (haven't tried locking onto satellites yet). Why don't forerunners have a reset button? All computers need them!

Ellie80 said...

go the eagles!!!