Thursday, March 16, 2006

Just another day.

Treated myself to a 9km run this morning...well it is my Birthday after
all. Went out at a reasonable pace, judging from my 1km splits, I was
gradually increasing the pace over 3km then I dropping back as I knew I
was going to fast but then it would start increasing again. Didn't
really push it going up the first of the two hills on the home stretch
and only pushed a little on the second. I still had plenty left in the
tank at the end so that boosts my confidence in a sub 60min 10k.
Average pace today was 6:19min/k and total time for 9.04km was
57min06sec.
I have been researching some trail running in the Hills, looking for
some nice trails to run. I am thinking that the Yurrebilla Trail might be the best (with detours onto the Heysen Trail) and will be trying it out next weekend I think. Looking forward to some challenging steep hills!

5 comments:

R2B said...

so how do you feel after 6 months of running?

Mandy said...

I thought you said you were slow like me!

Happy birthday my fellow fish.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday
9km run, what a treat!

Ellie80 said...

happy birthday! another piscean - must be a good sort ;)

speedygeoff said...

24? just a baby, Hey you have 18 more years before you peak!