Sunday, March 26, 2006

Got the endurance.

Well, after feeling really lazy yesterday and sleeping in, today I too felt lazy but managed to roll out of bed about 7am to head down to the Torrens. Starting from Lower Port Rush rd I ran up the south side of the torrens for about 10k then turned around and ran back to the car along the north bank. I must say all those short ups and downs can get quite annoying. I hit a bit of a wall at about 17km after picking up the pace after the turn around walking quite a bit over the last 3km and finishing the 20k in 2hr26min. Hopefully the HM will be a bit easier as the Garmin (though rather dodgilly) has an average uphill away from town and downhill toward town (the direction of the HM). I am definately not used to seeing so many other people out on my long runs, walkers and bikeriders mainly though I did see about 6 runners, 3 passed me, though they looked pretty fresh and I was coming up on 18km.
So now, I know I have the endurance to go 21km, I think I will work on speed over the last 6 weeks before my first HM, Hill repeats on Tuesday! (well, I'll see how I pull up after todays effort, maybe just 30 sec reps up a slight hill to start with)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, you've really built up the k's over the last couple of months. That's awesome!

Ellie80 said...

nice work! that is really far! you'll be all over that 1/2 no worries at all!

Mandy said...

yey! you have really picked up your training this month, and it's paying off in spades! Well done.

Spark Driver said...

Sounds like great preparation for a Half. Well done.