Saturday, November 04, 2006

Split Personality

I think over the last year I have developed a split personality. One is lazy, the other, not so lazy. For instance. This morning I really didn't feel like getting out of bed, but the brain said different so 15 minutes later I found myself plodding down hampstead road with a grumpy look on my face. This is not the first time I haven't really felt like a run but somehow have ended up out pounding the pavement, I didn't even take my mp3 player this morning (and haven't for a while) because my lazy personality hasn't been bothered charging the batteries in a while. I had other things to occupy my mind, waiting for approval for finance is making me nervous. What happens if they refuse us finance, what do we do then? there won't be time to approach other lenders.
But anyway, today I did the velodrome loop, pretty much on auto-pilot 12.5k in 1hr20min, tomorrow morning I might go for a run in the other direction just for something different.

3 comments:

Sekhmet said...

It's funny isn't it? I still consider myself to be a lazy person even though I force myself out when I can't be bothered. I think it has a lot to do with the sort of person we USED to be. If we used to be the one to sit around on the sofa or at the pub then it is very hard to feel anything different even if you are out running 60k per week

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your finance :-)

Lulu said...

I'm sure I have the same split personality problem, it sounds very familiar. Good luck with the banks and make sure you chase them up for an answer so you have time to find something else if you need to. You could also go and see a mortgage broker now and see what options you have. You don't have to accept the first offer you're made.

Ewen said...

Then you could run it backwards for something different again ;)

I'm lazy with some things, but when I can run, I can't wait to get out there!