Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Corporate Cup - Run 7

Run 1 - 24mins36sec - 5:41 pace
Run 2 - 24mins30sec - 5:40 pace
Run 3 - 23mins01sec - 5:19 pace
Run 4 - DNS
Run 5 - 25mins34sec - 5:52 pace
Run 6 - 22mins30sec - 5:10 pace
Run 7 - 22mins29sec - 5:10 pace

Didn't have the ideal preperation leading up to this run, nutrition etc, consequently I was incredibly flat over the last kilometer falling away to only improve by a solitary second. I think I struggled with the mental barrier of pushing myself when I felt tired going around on the second lap. I finished the first lap in 11min10sec then dropped 19seconds on the second lap, mostly in the final kilometer.

Other news: It's official, I am a home owner...well if someone decides that they will lend me a rather large sum of money anyway...all ready planning some new runs, but settlement is a month and a half away.

Let Movember begin.

6 comments:

RunDave said...

That's still an improvement. Congrats on the house. I was contemplating doing Movember. I think I might be a late starter and shave the beard off tonight.

2P said...

Wooohooo when is the house warming?

Hey a PB is a PB is a PB - nice work :-)

Ewen said...

A second can mean a lot. Ask the 10k runner who has a PB of 30:03.

Some good 'before' and 'after' photos coming up?

Spark Driver said...

Well done on the house. Fun times ahead. Are you registered for Movember? Let us know your rego and I will chuck a couple dollars your way.

LBTEPA said...

turn my back for a couple of days and you get a permanent job, buy a house and start growing a mo!!
How wonderful!!! (except the mo for Mrs S)
Well done on the pB too
:)

R2B said...

Well done on the improvements over the 7 races.
Also a big congratulations on joining the ranks of homeowners!

Cheers R2B