Saturday, November 18, 2006

Can the motivated Simlin come out and play?

Only the second run for the week this morning, 9k in 57mins. I just couldn't be bothered, I have so many other things on my mind right now. The strange thing about my apparent laziness is that my weight is still on a nice downward trend. I think this might be due to the fact that instead of running I have been including other activites ie exercise bike and pilates. So even though the workouts haven't been as intense, there have been just as many and I heard/read somewhere that variety is good for weightloss because your body gets used to / efficient at doing one type of exercise.
My motivation for running training has hit a new low these last two weeks, probably due to the fact, as 2P, pointed out I have no goals set for the rest of the year. I was planning a crack at my remaining 2006 goals but as fate would have it I realised 2 weeks ago that the two races left in the year are both on morning when I can't make it. One was last weekend when I was in Mt Gambier and the other is in two weeks when I will be at a breakfast before going to the third day of the Adelaide Ashes Test. Therefore I think I might stick to the current routine and see if I can't weight in at less than 110kg before Christmas...this morning was 112.25kg (remembering I cheat by weighing in after a run...before rehydrating....WHAT A CHEATER!...but it makes me feel good.)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Good idea to focus on the health goals when running loses motivation. Getting back to basics. It's why many of us run in the first place I guess.

Lulu said...

Sounds like a great goal to have for the end of the year and certainly good to do some cross training too. It will all benefit your running when you pick it up again.

2P said...

Lol - so the longer you run on any given morning the lighter you will be - go long I say ;-)