Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Test Drive

The first day my legs feel like I can run on them and I am up at 4:30am to get on a plane for Sydney...4hrs of plane flying and 4hrs of car travelling and I arrived back in Home at 9:15pm. By 9:30pm I was out the door with my new shoes laced up for there inaugral run. An easy 5k run to gently introduce my legs/knees/ankles/feet/toes to the new shoe and of course to recover from Sunday. The run was just what I needed after a day packed full of travel. The news shoes felt a bit wierd as my foot was now going straight and not flopping every which way it could. I am sure I was using slightly different muscles than with the old shoes so expect a few sore spots...the main difference I noticed was some sqashing of the toes going down hill, though this might just be from my bruised big toe...long story short it was a vacuum cleaner auto-retract accident...the power cord whipped around and one of the prongs struck me square on the end of my big toe, rather deadly snake bite like...now my toe is purple.

Also just in...official results from Sundays HM Time: 2:11:47 Place: 182 of 213 finishers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the results from? I've been to the SARRC site and couldn't find 2006 for this event! Sunni
sonya.conrad@tafesa.edu.au

BethJ said...

Glad to see I am not the only one with an evil vacuum cleaner!!! LOL! I hope it heals quickly for you Simon!

Congratulations on your official results! Awesome stuff!