Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Clarity

Oh the clarity that comes when you are pounding the pavement. It is 6am and 2°C. your nose and thumbs are numb but the mind is racing. That's what happened this morning...the run was crap. After changing the alarm to 7am and switching on the electric blanket before going back to sleep yesterday, today I did the same thing but this time lay awake for 15 mins before getting angry with myself and getting up. Now I had not enough time to do the 9k reverse loop so had to settle for the 7km reverse loop instead and oh what a struggle, the cold, some foot niggles but the clarity of decision making was sensational...I think I found my Nirvana. I also wonder what major world impacting decisions have been made mid run?
To sum up, 7k in 46mins, felt crap...near freezing conditions is making it harder and harder to get up in the morning!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

-2 degrees here this morning. Quit your complaining!

Mandy said...

I'm not going to say anything about the weather..lol..just happy you braved what is "cold" to you.