Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Start of Something Good!

I don't know if it was the 14km run or the iceskating on sunday but my calfs took a bit of warming up today. It obviously didn't help that it was the coldest morning this year. However I still managed a relatively easy average pace of just under 6min/k. Now analysing my splits (Using that new garmin) I can see that I started out with a 6'50" kilometer and got progressively faster. This is mostly likely due to the first k being uphill the second relatively flat and the last 2 downhill!

Anyway looking back at a month that was I have achieved my goal that I set for myself last year. Back then I was doing the same number of runs but only 2-3 km each during the week and a 4 km run on the weekend. This month I have been trying (and achieved!) 2 x 4-5 km runs + 2.2 km run during the week and a long run on the weekend started at 7.5k and increased to 14 k on Sunday. oh, I almost forgot 40mins crosstraining on the exercise bike on Wednesdays.

My weight, not that I am serious about it because I still eat some stupid things, but since I started running last year I am down about 8kg and those two shirts that I didn't fit around the beer belly...I tried them on yesterday and they almost were a perfect fit, though a few more centimetres wouldn't hurt!

They say it takes 21 days of doing "stuff" for it to become a routine (or break a habit)...hopefully this month leads to the start of something good!

February: 85km

No comments: