Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Too Hard

Had to get up extra early this morning to go for a run because work has been hectic and I was starting early again. So five thirty rolled around and I woke up before the alarm (which I am sure my partner appreciates as the screech is enough to send anyone insane). Got out on the footpath and started out a little faster than I originally anticipated, helped along by a reasonably fast tune on the old mp3 player.
Decided then that work had been so stressful, I was just going to run it all out onto the footpath and went for a PB. Lost a little legs over the last k of 4. but still came home in a PB, but didn't quite break through the 23 min barrier, maybe next week, I think I will extend my scheduled run on thursday to 5k.

2 comments:

Simlin said...

Thanks for the advice. definately am about 80% time on feet running. Sometimes though, especially when I need extra motivation I like to push it. Don't know if it is worth injury or burn out though.

PS. I am definately finding coolrunning a very interesting site and have recommended it to my sister who is starting to get more serious about triathalons.

Spark Driver said...

Well done on the PB. There will be plenty more to come Im sure.