Friday, February 10, 2006

Here's to Beginnings

After years of trying in fits and starts I have finally got 5 months of reasonably consistent running (when I say "running", you know I mean Jogging).

It started back one fatefull day in 2005 when someone at work started talking up a race in the city to bay (adelaide). A lot of beer was bantered about. What eventuated was a determined goal of completing the run...no bets eventuated. Two months later of too much training (achilles was really sore) I ran the complete 12 kms in 80.5mins.

Now I have a new goal... go better this year.

Goals to achieve this year.
Get Fitter.
Get Healthier.
Get Lighter. (currently 125kg, lost 5 kg since I started running but still haven't got a handle on that healthy eating lifestyle)
Complete the City to Bay in under 72mins.
Lofty Goal...complete a half marathon.

Current Status. Dropped the K's and had a rest post City to Bay to get over lower leg pain... gradully building back up. Target of 20k per week increasing to 25 over the next couple of weeks.

No comments: