Friday, April 28, 2006

50th POST!

Dragged myself out of bed this morning after skipping a planned run yesterday morning due to the body winning the battle over my weak mind. Once I got going the run was refreshing, I love the feeling after a morning run, the feeling that you are alive and have enough energy to face the day. It was a freestyle run to as the Garmin died after the first k…someone forgot to check the remaining battery life…I was startled by someone asking me if I lived here while waiting for satellite lock and didn’t look at the battery life. It must look really odd, someone just standing around in their driveway at 5:30am in the morning twiddling their thumbs…at least the neighbourhood watch thing is alive and well…I thanked him for being concerned and assured him that I did infact live their…I wonder if he saw me run off in the opposite direction when I looked down to find that the Garmin had come to life after locking onto some satellites?
Considering going down to the East parklands on Sunday morning to check out a Sri Chimnoy event and maybe do the 10K…see if I can’t bust out the 60min 10k…should be good prep for next weeks half marathon.
Today’s summary…easy 10k in 1hr10min roughly speaking.

Wow, 50 posts, who would have thought I would have kept up this ridiculous charade of being an athlete for so long...roll on 100...

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Just wait, you'll have your picture on a poster for suspected peeping!

BethJ said...

Now running is getting easier, I thought the mind would be getting stronger ;)
I love the althlete charade - I called myself an amatuer athlete the other week and had a good old chuckle! LOL!!!
Keep it up Simlin!!! You are doing great!