Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas Part II

Managed to sign up to the Next G wireless internet with 2 bars of reception in my bedroom window. But no time to blog last night as we are still setting up the house and I had other things to do...plus I wasted half the evening running around town trying to organise an antennae for my mobile usb thingy to access Next G wireless. My rant can be found here, and the suggestion that Bigpond's tolerance of loss limits are excessively high and thus some other ISP might have been able to give me ADSL has lowered my mood today...I am too deeply invested in this whole wireless thing at the moment to try that avenue just yet.

Anyways, we got back from The Mount on Tuesday, the roads were free flowing enough, actually a lot better than a month ago when we last were down there. We came back to a house that was only half moved in. So aside from spending money buying extra furnishings and the like, I ventured out on my first run from Valley View, not going to work. Wednesday morning I set off on a run. 200m downhill to Dry Creek and I was off on the trail, I ran Dry Creek West (as it will now be called) to Bridge Rd and back. It was a welcome relief to be running a trail and not pounding the pavement down main roads with trucks and fumes and road crossings! It was Fantastic! plus I didn't have to run 5k to get there as per Enfield place. I could get used to this.
The trail to Bridge rd was 6km return and I am hoping that if I cross Bridge Rd and do a loop of the velodrome before returning it will take that route up to 10k, a nice 1hr run, but I will have to try that next week.
This weekend I have laid plans in my mind to try out Dry Creek East. I have only ever run 2k in that direction to Grand Junction Rd and I am keen to see how far the trails roam in the North Eastern Direction because from the maps it looks like they go a fair way and even fork into two different directions. It certainly looks like it has long run potential in that direction.
Running the trials around the lake in Mt Gambier definitely stirred up my interest in driving to Black Hill and giving those trails a bash...Freudian slip...I keep typing trials instead of trails...oops.
OK, with the internet working, if not patchily at home now, I will have to do a yearly summary post for 2006 on the weekend and lay down a plan for 2007 (which I have been forming in my mind on every training run for months.)
I have briefly thought about starting a new blog and retiring this one as a few people have done, but I don't think my circumstances are the same and warrant a change so I will stick with this old horse.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

I hope you can stay connected in 2007. Looking forward to reading about the plans :)