Monday, December 11, 2006

Blowing out the cobwebs

It has been over a month (6th Novemeber) since I last ran double digits. In between I have been running varying loops of the cemetery (5-7km) with only one 9k run thrown in. This morning I decided to blow out a few cobwebs and take off the shackles, setting out for the velodrome. I decided on the shortest and flattest possible velodrome loop and eased into the run with a 7+min first kilometre. Understandably the last couple of kilometres were a bit weary on the legs, but I came through and finished with that peculiar feeling when I stopped of "I should be puffing, but I'm not...did I just run 11.2km?" Then I started walking and could feel the weariness in the legs...illusion shattered.
During todays run, my mind was ticking over with goals and plans for 2007. I will put down on paper in good time my intentions, but as for now...back to recovery.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

Good to see you back out doing some longer runs. I'm sure you'll recover pretty quickly from that one.

2P said...

Gret stuff Simon - good to see you pull the 2nd digit out ;-)

Spark Driver said...

Those cob web blowing runs feel great afterwards. Keep the momentuem going!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing about your 2007 goals. Keep the race times MO-ving down would be a good one.

Ewen