Saturday, July 15, 2006

Pre-run test drive

Successful shopping trip this morning, ended up with a new balance running top. Then still keen to run the 15k river run tomorrow I donned the new top and headed into the cold drizzle for a 4k test lap. started out at 6.30min/k pace and got gradually faster coming home with a 5.30min/km pace. knee was fine, upper thigh was tight and causing some discomfort so after stretching, icing and anti-inflammatories I have made the decision to run tomorrow, but not go all out (I say this now but it will probably change tomorrow). Hope I don't crash and burn.

2 comments:

Spark Driver said...

Isn't it funny how new gear makes us run faster.

Be careful with the injury and I hope you have fun at the River Run.

teacherwoman said...

Good luck! You will be fine!