Tuesday, July 11, 2006

1 Week

It seems like I have yet again become a lard-arse. I haven't blogged for a week because I have no running to blog about and the very though of a non-running entry just made me depressed. Over the past week I have been doing stretches and excercises (not as frequently as I should) to try and get myself right, is it helping? I don't know and I am a little hesitant to check it yet incase I make it worse. I ran down the hallway last night and it felt fine, then I ran back and it still felt a little proppy. Of late I feel like a car you keep filling up with petrol but never drive anywhere so it is just swelling up and will eventually explode, I keep eating food, but without expending any of the energy (doesn't stop me eating the food though).

I can feel my goals for the rest of the year slipping away, the 15km Torren's Classic on Sunday, the Adelaide Running Festival HM in 6 weeks. Will I be right by then and have enough training in the legs to complete the HM? Today I am trying to determine the best way to make myself happy, do I skip the race on Sunday and take another week off to make sure my injury is beat and then only have 4 weeks get myself up for the HM. This might involve doing too much too soon and doing another injury, or do I let both goals slip and concentrate on my final goal of the City to Bay in under 72mins. So many possibilities.

When do I go out for a test run? I was thinking the weekend and maybe do some cross training on the exercise bike tomorrow and Friday...AARRRGGGGGGGGHHHH WILL THE QUESTIONS NEVER END!

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Just came across your blog and felt obligated to comment...even though I am NOT an expert. I don't know exactly what kind of injury is the case, but I am assuming it is definitely affecting your running, and not in a good way. If I were you, I would scratch the 15km on sunday to keep yourself from further injuring you body and focus on the half marathon. If you fear injury in "catching up" for the HM, just take it slow, and maybe you might have to scratch that as well. I don't know for sure. Best bet is to listen to your body. Are you doing any cross training? Good luck. I hope all goes well!

R2B said...

Of course your goals are still in reach but eating like a lardarse obviously won't help.Get well and ease back in gently your smart enough i see to be cautious,thats the only way.

Cheers R2B

Ps don't mind the unsolicited advice!

Spark Driver said...

If the injury is still troubling you maybe it is time to find a expert to help. Get it properly checked out and treated.

I hear what you are saying with the diet and weight loss. My scales have been slowly going up in the last 2 weeks and it is as frustrating as hell.